Our Hope

By sharing our story and our experiences with this birth injury we will hopefully educate people. Knowledge is power. Our hope is that you will read this blog, share it with your friends, and they will share with their friends. Then in some small way we have prevented other families from having to go through what we have.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Jadon Scoots!



It is official! Jadon is mobile! He has been mysteriously moving around the living room for about two weeks now. I would put him down in one spot and look back a few minutes later to find him across the room. I would watch him for awhile and he would not do anything. He would just look at me and smile. Now he is moving all over all the time. I captured this video yesterday. Things are a little crazy in the background but you can see how he has figured out his own way of getting where he wants to go. I am so proud of him. A mom is always proud when her child accomplishes mobility, but in Jadon's case it is even more special. I will admit that there were several moments early on when I truly wondered how he was going to manage. Lots of people told me he would find a way and he certainly has. He is amazing!

He has also been trying really hard to pull up things and stand also. He has gotten very good at pulling up to his knees but has only managed to stand once or twice. For almost nine months old he is doing great though. He is definitely one determined boy.

2 comments:

  1. How cute! And I love how he was talking back to you. What a funny boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah used to scoot like this too, except her arms were too short to use so she just used her legs and butt.

    ReplyDelete