Our Hope

By sharing our story and our experiences with this birth injury we will hopefully educate people. Knowledge is power. Our hope is that you will read this blog, share it with your friends, and they will share with their friends. Then in some small way we have prevented other families from having to go through what we have.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Newborn Birth Injuries: The Untold Story

Hi Everyone! I just got an email from Anise at Cameron's Smile about a great new video that the UBPN just released about Brachial Plexus Injury Awareness. PBS is airing this awesome video to help spread the word! I am so excited about this! One of the most frustrating things for me has been what to me feels like secretiveness about this injury. I feel this is because it IS caused by the hands that are supposed to above all do no harm. This tends to make people feel uncomfortable and awkward. I am hoping that maybe, just maybe this video and the help from PBS can open up a dialog. The medical community needs to make a change in protocol when it comes to delivering babies! Please, please pass this video on to all you know!!


No comments:

Post a Comment