Our Hope

By sharing our story and our experiences with this birth injury we will hopefully educate people. Knowledge is power. Our hope is that you will read this blog, share it with your friends, and they will share with their friends. Then in some small way we have prevented other families from having to go through what we have.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Doing It All By Himself

 I woke up this morning to sounds in the kitchen (fridge opening and closing, utensil drawer opening, stuff clanging on the counter.  This is what I found when I got to the kitchen......

Jadon was peeling his own Cutie!  He had it almost done by the time I got out there and he finished it without my help.  This is something that does not come easy for Jadon since it requires the use of both hands.  He did a great job and I was very proud that he never asked for help!  He knew he could do it and he did!


Later in the day we were playing catch with a giant stuffed polar bear.  Jadon caught it in the air several times!  I was so excited!!  Two awesome Righty things in one day! 

3 comments:

  1. Kiana, I just went through your blog and am so happy for Jadon and all the progress he's made! My son was born with OBPI and will be 1 month tomorrow. It has been so difficult for me to accept that the physician let this happen to him but now I've come to terms with it. My husband and I just concentrate on his therapy and stimulating his arm. We are actually located in Philadelphia so I am planning on Dr. Kozin evaluating him. Heard nothing but good things about him! I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy when I found your blog. My son was born with OBPI, at three months he had the nerve surgery. We live in Norway, a small contry, so it is difficult to find other parents with chrildren with OBPI. It is so exiting to read your sons journey, and we got so positive when we see how far your son has come, and we get ideas for therapy exercises. So thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon your blog as I raise awareness about Erb's. My son was born with this injury last year and I have been reaching out to other mothers for support around this. It's great that you are sharing your experience because there is limited information out there when I started my journey of understanding. I hope you don't mind but I shared out your blog to spread the word and educate people so that future babies can be saved! Cheers--I have also started a blog if you would like to put it on your BPI links. http://spencersbirthinjurystory.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete